We have multiple opportunity's for commercially minded Procurement Category Managers with ICT / Technology skills.
- Join a leading NZ procurement function
- IT/ICT/Telecommunications exposure essential
- Auckland CBD location
This significant procurement function is one of the more sophisticated in New Zealand and continues to grow rapidly. As a result we are looking for Category Managers at both an intermediate and senior level. The roles sit within the more complex, technology team so we require an exposure to the IT/ICT industry/categories, or a background from working in IT.
You will be responsible for establishing and managing key procurement activities. Ultimately, you will be tasked with planning and completing procurement and associated cost management activities in conjunction with business stakeholders to reduce cost and maximise value.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish, implement and maintain best practice commercial & category procurement strategies in order to improve the effectiveness of the value chains, best practice business models and third party spend
- Partner with business units in order to design and implement short, medium and long term commercial / procurement strategies, accountable for effective delivery of end to end procurement capability and services across the organisation
- Drive the business to identify and deliver commercial/procurement excellence, whilst capitalising on opportunities to reduce cost, ensuring targets are achieved
- Engage and influence internal and external business partners and suppliers to achieve the desired business outcomes
- Lead and support supplier assessments, negotiation and contract management
Key Skills and Requirements:
- As mentioned we have a range of roles that vary in requirements. If you have Category Management experience specifically within either an IT organisation, IT Category, or come from a technical IT background then please apply.
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 3-5 years in a Procurement Category Management role.
- Demonstrable experience in stakeholder management influencing and management - senior management, consultants and third party providers
- Ability to undertake complex analysis and problem solve in a high-pressured environment.
- Highly skilled in Excel, proficient in PowerPoint