Exciting opportunity for graduate Electrical Engineer to complement engineering team in rapidly growing SCADA, energy management & IoT business line.
- Automation industry leaders - Smart Buildings / Smart Cities applications
- Use cutting edge technology to help build a new Industrial IoT platform
- Small company with a flexible working environment - Unique, exciting role!
This role represents a genuine opportunity to advance your career with a proven pathway to Chartered Status/RPEQ. You will be part of a dynamic company that encourages innovative thought and a problem solving, solutions based approach.
This long-standing company in the automation industry is growing their Engineering division to meet the world's growing need for improved energy efficiency and automation by using smart interconnected devices and IoT solutions.
They are seeking a Graduate Electrical Engineer to join their engineering team.
You will become an integral member of the engineering team. Responsibilities will include:
- Engineering design, configuration and commissioning of SCADA, energy management and IoT solutions;
- Field work including audits, configuring hardware and commissioning;
- Customer Support;
- Customer consulting including functional specifications and detailed designs;
- Developing technical documentation in both written and drawn forms.
The ideal candidate will have a broad IT background and should be just as comfortable working in a Linux environment as they are working in a Windows environment.
Work experience, while not essential, would encompass the following:
- EMS/BMS or SCADA platforms;
- PLC programming (Ladder, Structured Text, etc);
- Electrical and mechanical drawings, both comprehension and creation;
- Communications in Modbus, BACnet, Mbus and others.
- Excellent verbal and written English;
- An innovative self-starter attitude;
- The ability to work autonomously, but within an experienced team;
- Ability to ask the right questions to develop solutions;
- Taking pride in producing a consistently high quality standard of work;
- Driver’s license;
- Ability to obtain security clearance through AGSVA.
Only apply for this job if you are already living in Queensland - we are not interested in interstate applications for this role.
Please include a cover letter along outlining why the role appeals to you and what you think you can bring to our team.
P.S. Initial contact will be via the EMAIL address you supplied during your application, be sure to check your inbox and spam periodically.