Opportunity for a creative CAD designer ideally with experience in joinery/cabinetry. Take ownership from enquiry through to delivery.
- Opportunity for an experienced CAD designer
- Salary + company vehicle
- Monday to Friday – Work, Family and Life Balance
About the Employer
Our client is an established family owned and operated business specialising in the design and manufacture of custom wardrobe and storage solutions for both residential and commercial clients throughout the Auckland region. Providing superior NZ made quality products, exceptional service and flexible design solutions for today’s lifestyle needs is the key to their success and ongoing business growth.
About the Role
In this design focussed role with a mix of sales (no cold calling!) you will be responsible for taking ownership of projects from enquiry through to delivery. With a high degree of attention to detail you will be involved with client liaison, design concepts, quoting and preparation for production.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Respond to lead enquiries in the required time frame
- Schedule appointments and conduct showroom or in home consultations to establish client brief and assess project space
- Preparation of quotes
- Create concept designs using Solid Works / Cabinet Vision
- Presentation of design and proposal to clients
- Involvement in design for Commercial projects and overseeing implementation and installation of projects
- Experience with Cabinet Vision, or other CAD design software
- An understanding of the cabinet making industry including drawing, taking site measurements and scheduling
- Ability to read architectural plans
- Quoting and estimating experience
- Polished professional communication and presentation
- A good eye for design and an interest in the latest trends
- The confidence to deal with potential customers and promote a product you can be proud of
- The ability to use your initiative and take ownership of your work
- A hard working and ambitious attitude
- Clean full NZ drivers license
Please forward your cover letter and resume in WORD format.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: ASIDSC02