Rare opportunity with an established leading Importing company. High quality products and large brand name retailers. Irrigation or plumbing exposure.
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- Industry Leader with Global liaison
- Perth Head Office
- $95,000 base package + benefits
About the Employer
Our client has enjoyed a well - regarded reputation since 1972. They are known leader in their industry with a focus on the customer and commitment to the customer experience. Their products are known for their quality, effectiveness and reliability and they are suppliers to Australia’s largest brand retailers.
About the Role
The Business Development Manager reports to the National Sales Manager and is pivotal to the growth of the business in the eastern states of Australia. This role is to represent the company in the marketing and promotion of a range of top quality products to businesses – retail and commercial entities. The role encompasses development of new trading accounts and a small amount of account management within the CBD and Regional areas.
To be successful in this role, you will have significant exposure to a business to business sales environment, ideally in the irrigation industry, where you have a proven success in sourcing new clients and maintaining business relationships within a portfolio.
Key responsibilities will include:
- New business with 20% account management
- Eastern States territory (VIC/NSW/QLD)
- Liaison with internal sales support team
- On site client business appointments
- Call cycle management of existing clients
- Sourcing new trading accounts
- Maintenance and updating of customer databases
- Strategic sales planning and forecasting
- Researching and approaching industry leaders
- Attendance of weekly sales meetings
- Collaboration with sales and marketing teams
- Presenting new products and educating new clients
- Irrigation or plumbing background is advantageous
- A knowledge of irrigation, pumps and/or plumbing products and/or services
- Sole responsibility of a sales region within Australia or New Zealand
- Exposure to new business and acquisition of new clients
- Professional presentation and structured sales training exposure
- Minimum 3 year’ s experience in B2B sales environments
- Ability to adapt your style and sales approach
- Proven experience in managing sales KPI’s
- High level organising and diary management skills
- Proven background in an autonomous sales role
Please forward your cover letter and resume in WORD format.
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: TKBD01