Opportunity for experienced Operations Manager to oversee National Operations, Generous Salary Package, Dynamic & Pivotal Management role.
- Industry leader, Northern Suburbs location
- Competitive six-figure salary package
- Established, innovative and successful company
- Permanent, full-time position
About the Employer
Our client is Australia’s leading packaging supplies and machinery innovator. They have been providing customized packaging solutions for over 25 years through the use of cutting-edge innovation while reducing the environmental impact of products. Our client’s pallet wrapping machine, pallet wrap and stretch wrap have received multiple awards for leading-edge sustainable developments. They also stock one of Australia’s largest ranges of adhesive tapes and have an excellent reputation for superior customer service.
About the Role
Due to continued growth, our client is seeking a National Operations Manager to join their organisation. This position is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced professional to provide leadership and management of activities related to the overall operational aspects of the company, including stock control and logistics functions in VIC and NSW as well as 3PL locations in SA and QLD. The ideal candidate will have a practical, hands-on approach in all facets of logistics and warehousing, leading their team to success and greater productivity.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the WMS operation and integration with other in-house software systems
- Manage national stock control and logistics in NSW and VIC plus 3PL sites in SA and QLD
- Produce operations reports to present to the Board; stock variances, freight costing, DIFOT and all operational expenses
- Managing direct reports to keep them engaged, accountable and ensure deadlines are reached
- Maintain clear lines of communication and manage/control cost expenses such as freight costs
- Seek efficiencies across all company-wide operations
- Understand the importance of a high service environment
- Maintain customer focus
- Prior Operations Management experience in logistics/warehousing or related industry
- Experience in a customer service-driven environment
- IT literate – experience with WMS is essential
- Must have the ability to read, analyse and understand financial reports
- Strategic vision, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to control costs and provide quality management analysis information to the Board
- Hands-on management style and able to lead by example
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a true leader, trustworthy, professional and practical.
- Strong people management skills, able to keep staff engaged, motivated and accountable
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: LDOM01