Seeking an exceptional individual to be responsible to a committee of management for the operation of a Centre
- Salary to match your experience
- Manage a centre with Community support
- Flexible working hours and days
About the Employer
Our client has been in operation since 1975. They are a Registered Montessori Centre, a member of the Montessori Australia Foundation (MAF) and the Montessori Quality Assurance Programme (MQAP) and have been assessed as exceeding the Quality Standards.
Our client’s mission is to provide quality Montessori education in a stimulating, caring environment where children will grow to be true individuals, able to contribute to society and be motivated to bring about a better and more peaceful world. Their service has been rated by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development as exceeding the national quality standards.
About the Role:
Our client is seeking an exceptional individual to be responsible to the committee of management (employer) for the operation of the Centre. They want a strong leader who is able to embed cultural change and foster a sense of community.
With a high commitment to child safety they are committed to the cultural safety of all children including Aboriginal children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
- Be the leader of the centre
- A salary to match your experience
- Committee and community support
- Flexible working hours
- Managing the centre
- To provide leadership to the committee and the staff team in order to ensure the efficient and effective performance of the Centre as a whole.
- To ensure the continued provision of a high quality, developmentally appropriate Montessori Educational program for the children and centre
- Ensure that all health & safety and legal requirements are maintained
- Facilitate the planning and provision of children with additional needs by assisting with assessment, arranging referrals to other agencies
- To organise and participate key meetings/events such as the AGM, Parent Orientation Evening, Centre Tours and social/fundraising activities
Skills and Experience:
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to supervise staff
- Ability to work as a member of a team, within a Committee structure
- Ability to plan and manage tasks effectively without direct supervision
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with staff, children, parents, Committee members and external organisations
- Early childhood degree and or registered teacher preferred
- Montessori qualifications would be an advantage
- Sound understanding of early childhood development and education
- Skills to develop, document and implement and developmentally appropriate education for children
- A sound knowledge of the DHS Preschool Program Policy, Procedure and Funding Criteria, the Children's Services Regulations 1998, the Children's Services Act 1996, the VEYLF, NQS and experience in reviewing and developing policies and procedures of the Centre
Please note only candidates that meet our client’s selection criteria will be contacted.
Job ID: JREC03.01