3/6 Month Contract - WAF / Cloudflare (or AWS Cloudfront) and networking - Government Dept. / - c.$850 p/d inc. super - ASAP Start
- 3/6 Month Contract
- Cloudfare (WAF)
- CBD/WFH Arrangement
Consortio Sourcing is searching for an experienced Security Engineer to work on a new initiative for a major government department. This is an exciting opportunity for a Security Specialist to work closely with multiple stakeholders to provide Web Application Firewall and security operations services.
Scope of Work
Our client are seeking to more effectively operate Cloudflare (WAF) which has been set up for DNS services across several domains. Ensure future and in-flight security mitigations are executed quickly and build-in ongoing security review to safeguard systems and data. The scope of services provided will be, but limited to:
Review current traffic and API / Web Service endpoint monitoring and alerting within Cloudflare, New Relic and AWS. Make recommendations to mitigate gaps and make accepted configurations (changes). Provide training and coaching to other support team members on how to leverage the uplifted capability.
Perform ongoing WAF oversight and configuration management focusing on increased security controls whilst following Change Management processes.
Provide specialist traffic and network troubleshooting during security incidents.
Facilitate timely execution of security vulnerability fixes on digital systems.
Work with Security Operations to review health of configurations for Qualys agents.
- WAF security controls knowledge base updated based on implemented changes
- System and API / Web Service monitoring and alerting configuration with training on how to leverage capability provided.
- Make ongoing BAU configuration changes as requested.
- Completed health check on Qualys integration and any uplift required either executed or documented for others to complete.
- Reviewed the aggregated list of all outstanding security fixes and ensure JIRA tickets raised for each and release cadence scheduled.
On offer is a 3/6-month contract paying c.$850.00 p.d inc. super and the opportunity to work on a high profile project for a large well known government customer in the CBD.