If you are looking for your next opportunity to develop and expand your skills and experience and an Assistant Accountant, this is for you!
- 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Australia's Industry Leader
- Amazing PICA Perks
- Do you thrive on being in it together
- Can you say it straight by admitting mistakes and inviting feedback?
- Do you seek first to understand, then to be understood?
- Can you be the solution you seek?
- Do relationships matter to you?
PICA Group has grown to be the most respected strata management company in Australia with a culture that is built on relationships and trustworthy advice.
We are on the lookout for an entry-level Assistant Accountant to support our office in Sydney. This is a great opportunity for new grad with 1 – 2 years practical experience, or possibly someone still studying towards an accounting qualification. You’ll play a key support role in our national finance department and work with a team that prides themselves on knowing how to work hard and have fun.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with maintenance of financial and accounting records of our body corporate clients.
- Analyse account records for accuracy and completeness.
- Resolve account queries and perform reconciliations
- Assist with audits and other special projects
- Complete daily bank reconciliations.
- Assisting senior accounts with data entry, electronic document filing, and other tasks.
- Arrange banking of cheques received daily.
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
- At least one year of general accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred.
- Detail oriented with a high level of attention to financial accuracy.
- Skilled in dealing with financial and numerical data.
- Highly skilled in the use of Excel spreadsheets and exposure to accounting software.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- You’re comfortable and have the ability to deliver results in a flexible, fast-paced work environment.
- You have a high sense of urgency, strong customer service and interpersonal skills.