Project Manager! 12 months! Infrastructure Team!
12 months + 2 x 12-month extensions
This Federal Government Department strives to encourage the sustainable growth of Australian industries including the delivery of a national innovation system to drive knowledge creation, international competitiveness and greater productivity.
This Division is front and centre in implementing the government’s National Business Simplification Initiative and Digital Transformation Agenda. The Division also provides a range of enabling services and operations delivery to the department.
The position is within the Infrastructure Services Team in the ICT Operations Branch. This branch is responsible for the delivery of the department’s Infrastructure and Operations and core enablement services for the department.
Tasks will include:
- Engage with senior management and other stakeholders to facilitate discussions regarding the total scope of work, associated priorities, dependencies between related initiatives, agency on-boarding and integration activities.
- Identify, build and maintain strong working relationships with key internal within the department and external stakeholders across multiple government agencies. Monitor and report against project performance to assist the efficient delivery of outcomes so that the projected benefits are realised.
- Identify and provide a point of escalation for issues and risks and changes impacting the programme and facilitating risk mitigation and issues resolution.
- Implement and facilitate project governance processes.
- Maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with the Product Owner to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- Keep delivery on track
- Manage physical and virtual Scrum and Kanban boards
- Remove impediments
- Contribute to meeting papers and other reporting mechanisms
- Provide support to the team
- Shield the team to enable delivery
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Contribute to the development of Agile capabilities across the branch
- Relevant programme management skills and experience in whole-of-government, multi-faceted online service delivery projects.
- High level of leadership, stakeholder management, negotiation and communication skills
Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong release workshop facilitation skills
Experience in documentation management
- ITIL framework knowledge/experience
Experience in, or a focus on, cloud- and web-based technologies
Experience delivering large scale projects
- Actively engage and build collaborative partnerships with Grants Hub and program management teams to meet project timeframes
Manage and allocate team resourcing
Build team capability to streamline processes
- Facilitate retrospectives to evaluate the program on-boarding experience with project partners and identify opportunities to improve
Support Delivery Manager team and seek efficiencies by maintaining open and collaborative communication.
Minimum Baseline security clearance required.
MTP Services Pty Ltd provides IT Contracting and Professional Services to the Canberra Market. Find out how we can help to find your next role by emailing email@example.com
Join a talented team and work in a culture that fosters an inclusive and flexible work environment, offering opportunities to grow and contribute to the company.