Lead an established and successful Administration Team | Assist in achieving business goals | Manage process improvements throughout the business
- Report directly to the Head of Fullfillment
- Manage a team of 10 across 3 states
- Lead the team to achieve new business goals
MAYDAY Recruitment is excited to be recruiting for a Workers Compensation Administration Team Manager to join a well-established and continuously growing company based in the CBD.
What’s in it for you?
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly RDO's equating to an extra 12 days annual leave a year!
- Join an established continuously growing company, that has a genuine desire to build caring and collaborative relationships
- Supportive & social team culture
- Agile work environment
- Beautiful CBD location
- Attractive salary
- Huge & interstate progression opportunities
- Lead and manage a dynamic and growing administration team of 10 across 3 states
- Develop process improvement and implement throughout the organisation nationally
- Collaborate successfully with internal and external stakeholders, especially the claims team
- Report directly to Head of Fulfillment in Melbourne
- Provide High level of Customer Service to Clients and Customers
- Supporting Claims officers as requested
- Assist in the assembling of appropriate medical information and facts regarding claims
- Measure key metrics and performance of the team
- Manage escalations from the team and process appropriate action
- Communicate and interact with medical professionals, support agencies and others to monitor and assess the progress of rehabilitation efforts, and to facilitate return to work
- Prepare all necessary forms, records and documentation, to include statistical analyses and reports, for all claims assigned, as required by various regulatory agencies.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience managing a Workers Compensation Administration team or prior leadership experience within the Insurance space desired but not essential
- Exposure to driving change and process improvement
- An energetic and enthusiastic outlook and attitude
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be proactive and use initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- High attention to detail, and excellent time management
- Ideally experienced within Workers Compensation, Insurance or Health background