With stretch in DevOps / TechOps, you will be interested and ready to jump into a 12 month contract with a leading brand
- Contract - 12 months
- Ansible, Python, AWS, Apache
About The Company
Although a large enterprise, this company operates with a small business mentality in terms of ownership of project and innovative problem solving. A strong, well-known national brand that seeks very talented professionals to join their team
About the role
Join a new team who are dedicated to the support and maintenance of in house developed applications and both cloud and on-premises co-located infrastructure. This is a fast-paced role where no two days are the same. You will be expected to deal with a large array of very different technical issues so having a wide breadth of knowledge and experience is essential, and you must have a passion for providing class leading support to internal users.
To Be Successful
The Technical Operations role will require you to be a strong and innovative problem solver. You will take complete ownership of specific projects that are delighted your way. Therefore, being commercially minded and the ability to think out of the box will lead to your success in this position
Roles & Responsibilities examples:
- Ensure the uptime and stability of the Production and Development infrastructure.
- Manage all monitoring and alerting of the infrastructure. Practice root cause resolution, not sticking plaster fixes.
- Managing and taking on responsibility for your own projects
- Continuous improvement is key. You must be constantly seeking improvements that can be made in all aspects of our technical landscape, then planning and delivering those improvements
- You will have experience with managing and supporting VMware, Cloud (AWS )
- You will be able to code (e.g. Python).
- You will have a burning desire to fix things and fix them properly; no cutting corners here.
- You will have strength in Ansible
- You will hate doing repetitive tasks and seek ways to automate.
- You will have knowledge of development practices, source control, deployment tooling.
- You will be deeply technical, with strong experience with Windows and Linux systems, particularly for web operations (e.g. Apache etc.).
- In your spare time you will likely enjoy learning about Machine Learning / Data Science
- You will work best under pressure, manage priorities effectively, and continue smiling!