Our client has been rescuing and caring for animals for over 30 years, join the team as a Incident Response Co-ordinator - Immediate Start!
- Highly respected not for profit organisation, dedicated to rescuing and caring for native animals for over 30 years
- Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm Full-time role
- 6 month contract (opportunity for extension)
- Based in their Brookvale Office, close to public transport with pool onsite - Immediate Start
Our client has been rescuing and caring for native animals for over 30 years, their mission is to actively rehabilitate and preserve Australian wildlife. They are currently looking for Incident Response Co-ordinator to join their hardworking and passionate team in Brookvale - with Immediate start!!
With over 3,000 volunteers in 28 branches, they receive around 170,000 calls annually and provide rescue advice, assisting tens of thousands of native animals. They are the largest wildlife rescue organisation in Australia and play a major role in national community wildlife education.
This is a new key role dedicated to establishing and implementing the Emergency Management plan to provide fast, professional, emergency rescue services for wildlife, by working closely with the 28 branches and 3,000 volunteers to increase the capacity to respond to major emergency events. Bring your experience either with Australian Wildlife rescues or working within other emergency organisations ie Rural Fire Service or the Police Force to make a difference in this important role.
Your new role:
- Work with branches and volunteers to implement and coordinate agreed major emergency response plans and procedures
- Work with the Emergency Response Coordinator to help ensure all regional emergency support requirements are met
- Be the primary contact point for branches and volunteers for emergency reporting, management requests and emergency rescue support
- Liaise with the training team to ensure that adequate approved volunteers in each region are fire safety trained and have all the appropriate PPE equipment
- Coordinating the sourcing and distribution of emergency supplies to volunteers
- Oversee/coordinate with branches any search and rescue plans and subsequent reporting
- Coordinate requests for on the ground assistance for the branches, which includes organising travel and accommodation, the transportation of supplies etc.
- Provide regular updates with photos/short videos/stories to media and communications teams and assist them to access key local contacts for appropriate media during emergency events, willingness to be involved in media coverage of emergency events
To be successful you will be:
- Min 1 years experience working with wildlife rescue and/or RFS/Police or similar
- Understanding of wildlife rehabilitation Codes of Practice (highly regarded)
- Veterinary or Conservation background (highly regarded)
- Proven experience working with emergency plans
- Excellent record keeping skills with strong attention to detail
- Proactive approach and excellent problem-solving skills
- A desire for and to implement process improvements
- Clear goal orientation
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Apply Now by sending your cv to email@example.com or for a confidential chat please call 02 8416 4181.