Technical Chief Engineer (Centrifugal Pumps, Water & Wastewater industry)

Next Day Consulting

Hybrid role, become a subject expert, practical engineering and application, troubleshooting, product analysis, pump testing, 3D design, FEA work.

  • Mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic & technical support for Centrifugal Pumps
  • Product Development & Product Enhancement of both new and used pumps
  • Laser scanning, project management, project planing and more
Senior Technical Support Engineer 


Client and the Role:

Leading water and wastewater company requires a Technical Chief Engineer, a Principal level position based in Newcastle.  As a business, they are at the forefront of developing new and innovative technology.  Operating across 10 locations throughout Australia they require a degree qualified engineer with a specialisation in centrifugal pumps.  Specific experience in Product Development and Product Enhancement of centrifugal pumps is required. 

This position would suit an Engineer at a Senior or Principal level, with 10 years’ experience.  A hybrid type role involving a mix of practical engineering work, 3d design and drafting, FEA, Project Management and more. 


Responsibilities & an overview: 
  • Provide mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and technical support for Centrifugal Pumps and large rotational equipment – a diverse role
  • 60% of the role will be client liaising and practical engineering and application, troubleshooting, product analysis, pump testing, assessing the performance of the pumps with gauges, working closely with customers in house and on-site
  • Developing relationships with customers, walking them through their products
  • 20 to 30% of the position will be 3D design and FEA work
  • The remainder will involve Laser Scanning, Project Management, and Planning  
  • 100% Product Development & Product Enhancement
  • Be the branches subject matter expert for Centrifugal Pumps. Work closely with Production and Service teams, assisting with all engineering aspects of a project (assessing materials used, tolerances and more)
  • Excellent mechanical aptitude of Centrifugal Pumps (hands-on and design experience of motor-driven pumps - converting rotational energy to energy in a moving fluid)
  • 80% of your day will be based in Newcastle the other 20% will be on site
  • Effective Project Management with MS Project and SAP and Planning experience
  • Oversee Quality Assurance and Quality Control of the product
  • Ensuring all equipment is designed to relevant Australian standards, perform estimates, BOM’s and more
  • Preparation of technical manuals so production and manufacturing work can be carried out effectively
  • Maintaining project documentation
  • Attend mine sites and produce feasibility studies
  • Sales support and assistance with bid generation, cost control and financial reporting  
 
You: 
  • Full working rights in Australia
  • Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
  • Senior Engineer   
  • Chartered or RPEQ status would be an advantage
  • Excellent understanding of Centrifugal Pumps
  • Deep knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical design and engineering
  • Well versed in FEA and simulation and analysis
  • Excellent communication and presentation skills
 

Salary:

Our client offers competitive remuneration packages, $200,000 packages.  Vehicle, bonus, super and bases of $120,000 to $140,000 depending

If you would like to discuss the role further, please feel free to send your CV via this link and a Next Day Consultant will be in contact or for other opportunities check out www.nextdayrecruitment.com.au 
  
Next Day Recruitment is a leading recruitment specialist in the Australian and Asia Pac market. We believe that the best way for you to predict your future is to help you create it. We offer a full range of permanent, contract and consultancy recruitment solutions to a number of Australia's and Asia Pac's leading engineering companies.