The position would suit an Engineer that enjoys diversity in their day, a mix of product development (conveyors and pumps). 2 years exp required.
- Create & develop relationships with customers across sites in Central Queensland
- Become a subject expert within your niche - conveyors design and operations
- Be a problem solver, enjoy solving engineering issues, by liaising with teams
An exciting opportunity exists within an engineering organisation in Central Queensland. A market-leading supplier of Bulk and rotational equipment used within diverse sectors such as minerals, coal, and petroleum. They service existing equipment, develop new machinery and provide effective solutions, designed to drive down costs and improves site performance. With over 60 years of experience, employing more than 1000, they are looking to expand their technical division and bring on a new Site Engineer.
Note - this position is site-based, applicants must be willing to work 11-hour days on-site, plus travel. This is, however, an excellent role for an Engineer to gain experience that you would not normally be exposed to without 10 years of experience. You will be compensated for the travel time within salary and given a company vehicle and tools of the trade.
You will hold a bachelors with at least 2 years of related experience and / or training. The position would suit an Engineer that enjoys diversity in their day, a mix of product development (conveyors and pumps), practical application and customer interaction on the site, an Engineer looking for site work for 2 to 3 years initially to develop their skills and engineering knowledge and aptitude. Those with previous experience managing, coordinating and owning your own projects from a technical standpoint (whether that be design, detailing, project engineering) will be favored. The position will require the chosen Engineer to engage with customers and act as a company point of contact for technical and application engineering queries.
- Create and develop relationships with customers across 3 sites in Central Queensland
- Become a subject expert within your niche – conveyors design and operation
- Be the first point of contact for engineering, sales, customer complaints on site
- Be a problem solver, enjoy solving engineering issues, by liaising with design teams and production teams as well as acting on site
- Help improve the products on-site (Conveyors and Pumps), delivering engineered solutions with maximum productivity for customer operations
- Apply your Engineering knowledge for the safe and efficient design, installation and general maintenance support
- Mechanical design of medium to large mining equipment
- R&D and continuous improvement from initial concept through to completion
- 4-day mine site week, traveling back then to the Mackay office to hand in reports
- Professional and approachable, personable with clients
- Degree in Engineering or TAFE with relevant experience
- Experienced with Bulk or rotational equipment used within the mineral processing/mining world
- Experience with 3d modeling and engineering drafting
- Customer focussed and commercial acumen
- Well organised
- Sound knowledge of Inventor software
- Manage BOMs and store in SAP
Our client offers competitive remuneration packages, they vary with regards to experience, $90,000 to $110,000 base + Package.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please feel free to send your CV via this link and a Next Day Consultant will be in contact or for other opportunities check out www.nextdayrecruitment.com.au
Next Day Recruitment is a leading recruitment specialist in the Australian and Asia Pac market. We believe that the best way for you to predict your future is to help you create it. We offer a full range of permanent, contract and consultancy recruitment solutions to several of Australia's and Asia Pac's leading engineering companies.