This multi-faceted role will involve supporting Directors, Project Managers, Engineers & Draftsman across a broad range of mining projects & designs.
- Standardise, audit & make sure the designs & projects are "Fit for Purpose"
- Assist & implement Continuous Improvement, Quality Assurance, Quality Control
- Large Company, excellent salaries and career progression
Company and Job:
Innovative Engineering Company in the heavy materials industry requires an Engineer with 5 years of Quality Assurance, Control experience as well a sound understanding of Work Health and Safety standards.
This multi-faceted role will involve supporting Directors, Project Managers, Engineers and Draftsman across a broad range of mining projects. Your role will be to standardise, audit and making sure the designs and projects are “Fit for Purpose” and “Right first time”. Assisting and implementing continuous improvement, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, legislative compliance where necessary.
The main duties of this role will include:
- An exciting, yet challenging role, you will collaborate with other divisions across the business throughout Asia Pac
- Monitoring the QA / QC progress (products and components) of mining and manufacturing design projects
- Regularly you will offer input and liaise with the design, development, manufacturing and production teams
- Develop, document and coordinate QA/QC aspects of the projects (“Fit for Purpose” and “Right first time”)
- Monitor the progress of the Quality Assurance / Control framework
- Recommend and implement QA/QC improvements as required
- Ensure ongoing ISO (9001:2015) accreditation for the mining plant designs and heavy material handling equipment designs are met
- Ensuring that quality procedures are documented and audited
- Maintaining and updating company PLM Software
- Keep senior management abreast of developments identified during quality control activities of assigned projects
- Internal and external auditing on in house designs and products manufactured
- Investigating customer complaints regarding performance, specifications, and reliability of machinery
- Monthly Quality Assurance statistical reports
- Take part in the running of monthly consultative meetings and toolbox talks
- Degree or Tertiary Qualification
- 5 years Quality Assurance /Control Engineering experience
- Good understanding of OHS
- 5 years’ experience within medium to heavy engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial Aptitude
- People/Change Management skills
At NDR, we leverage expertise to get it right first time. We’re business-driven and people-focused. Partnering with businesses to source local talent from industry connections that we know and trust. We deliver professional staff for businesses to grow and communities to prosper. We offer a full range of permanent, contract and consultancy recruitment solutions to a number of Australia's and Asia Pac's leading engineering companies.