EL1 role for a 12 month contract + extensions | Canberra Location | Baseline Security Clearance is desired | Federal Government Agency
- 12 month contract
- Federal Government Agency
- Canberra Location
About the company
Karlka Recruiting Group has partnered with a Federal Government Agency to engage an EL1 Media Officer. This position is located in their busy Canberra office for an initial 12 month contract.
About the Position
As an EL1 Media Officer, you will take a leadership role in supporting the wider Media team as a whole and in delivering consistent, quality and timely media advice, support and services.
- Provide high quality advice on media issues
- Develop proactive media strategies and a program of media opportunities
- Develop media ready content and responses to media enquiries
- Draft, edit and facilitate the clearance of media materials from inception to publication
- Discussion and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work outside of standard hours - rostered after hours on-call and weekend work
- At least five years' experience in delivering media services, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in responding professionally to media enquiries
- Experience delivering quality outcomes, including the production of high-quality written products
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism and/or extensive experience in journalism or media management
- It is desirable to have completed or currently be engaged in a media cadetship, degree or diploma in strategic communication, public relations, journalism or marketing, or similar qualification, and/or have relevant experience
How to Apply
Due date: 23/11/2020
Email for questions: email@example.com
*Please apply through this portal. Any applications through email may be missed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Applications received after the due date may be considered for similar roles.