APS6 role for a 12 month contract + extensions | Canberra Location | Baseline Security Clearance is desired | Federal Government Agency
- 12 month contract
- Federal Government Agency
- Canberra Location
About the company
Karlka Recruiting Group has partnered with a Federal Government Agency to engage an APS6 Media Officer. This position is located in their busy Canberra office for an initial 12 month contract.
- Support the wider Media Services team to develop and deliver consistent, high quality and timely media advice, support and services
- Work with an experienced team, supporting senior media officers and the media director in liaising with key departmental and ministerial stakeholders
- Helping to coordinate media responses, drafting and editing media materials for portfolio ministerial offices
- Ability to work outside of standard hours - rostered after hours on-call and weekend work
- Experience in responding to media enquiries, including drafting and editing media responses and other communication products
- A proactive approach to identifying opportunities for media events
- It is desirable to have completed, or be currently engaged in a media cadetship, degree or diploma in strategic communication, public relations, journalism or marketing, or similar qualification, and/or have relevant experience
How to Apply
Due date: 23/11/2020
Email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please apply through this portal. Any applications through email may be missed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Applications received after the due date may be considered for similar roles.