24 month contract | Melbourne Location | Federal Government Agency | Full time position
- 24 month contract
- Federal Government Agency
- Melbourne Location
About the company
Karlka Recruiting Group has partnered with a Federal Government Agency to engage an APS6 Senior Internal Auditor. This position is located in their busy Melbourne office for an initial 24 month contract.
About the Position
The successful candidate will be undertaking a range of duties that focus on identifying, independently assessing and recommending appropriate action plans to remediate control gaps. This candidate requires strong communication and research skills, and a strong focus on analysis of comprehensive data related to complex internal audits under limited guidance.
- Develop work programs for assessments
- Develop process flowcharts to support the understanding of key processes and controls associated with the assurance engagements.
- Develop risk and control matrices to support assurance activities and findings.
- Undertake and deliver assurance assessment (testing) activities
- Collect and examine evidence against agreed engagement criteria
- Make observations in relation to the evidence, linked to the assessment objectives, and assist with wording of audit findings and recommendations to improve internal controls.
- Contribute to the development of executive reporting
- Identify and support opportunities to enhance the assessment process
- Auditing compliance with relevant legislation including the Public Governance, Performance & Accountability Act.
- You will have a strong strategic focus and experience in working across the broad range of auditing activities
- You will need to be able to adapt quickly to a changing environmen
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain productive working relationships with others
How to Apply
Due date: 13/01/2020
Email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please apply through this portal. Any applications through email may be missed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Applications received after the due date may be considered for similar roles.