5 month contract | Melbourne Location | Federal Government Agency | Full time position
- 5 month contract + Extensions
- Federal Government Agency
- Melbourne Location
About the company
Karlka Recruiting Group has partnered with a Federal Government Agency to engage an APS6 Research Officer – Research & Evaluation x 2. This position is located in their busy Melbourne office for an initial 5 month contract + extensions.
About the Position
The Candidate will embed and expand new programs, and subsequently support the delivery of research and evaluation projects and work programs that have strategic, political and operational significance
- Preparation and implementation of surveys, focus groups & interviews
- Qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and analysis
- Preparation of ethics applications.
- Development of theory of change, program logic models and evaluation frameworks and plans
- Preparation of reports, journal articles and conference presentations.
- Develop, implement and manage operational plans processes and protocols, for the research and evaluation program.
- Correspondence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support
To be considered for this position, candidates MUST provide a cover letter/statement of claims addressing each of the selection criteria below.
- Relevant degree from a recognised university and research experience and/or education/training.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to practically apply theoretical principles and techniques to solve problems.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting, managing and analysing qualitative and/or quantitative data
- Well-developed communication skills, including a proven ability to produce a range of clear, succinct documentation and interact with a diversity of colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including the ability to set priorities, manage time, plan work to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Sound computer literacy, including the ability to use or learn software packages as required for data management and analysis, such as Nvivo or Stata.
- Demonstrated awareness of the principles of confidentiality, privacy and information handling.
How to Apply
Due date: 16/01/2020
Email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please apply through this portal. Any applications through email may be missed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Applications received after the due date may be considered for similar roles.