Due to an influx of work in ACT, we are seeking expression of interest applications to join our industry leading Insurance Builders team in late 2020.
- Mitchell Office Location
- Full-Time Employment
- Late 2020 Commencement
- Company Vehicle & Opportunities for Progression
Positioned as one of Australia’s leading insurance builders, Johns Lyng Group has been established since 1953 and has a reputation for excellence. Highly talented business units coupled with management’s transparent and honest attitude towards staff make us ready for any building emergency.
Due to an influx of work in Canberra, we are seeking expression of interest applications from Estimators to join our industry leading team in late 2020.
In this diverse role, you will travel to sites across Canberra and regional NSW to provide detailed estimates and comprehensive scope of works, allowing for accurate repairs to buildings damaged by insurable events. You will be responsible for attending calls, providing customers with reassurance, undertaking quotation processes and winning jobs for the division.
This is a fantastic chance to join a stable and secure company that values its people above all else. Future opportunities for career progression will also be available.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend sites & estimate for building re-instatement works
- Interpret scope of works provided by consultants
- Write scope of works documents when required
- Work in conjunction with supervisors to achieve set budgets
- Build new & leverage existing relationships with key insurance personnel within the industry
- Liaise with clients & insurers
- Coordinate access to properties with insured parties
- Liaise with & engage sub-contractors during quotation stage
- Ensure all work conforms to legislative & contractual OH&S requirements
- Ensure all inspections, certificates & relevant documentation is signed off
- Regular travel around Canberra & surrounding areas
Do you have proven examples of demonstrating drive and energy? Are you extremely motivated and can think outside the box? Do you want the opportunity to potentially work your way into a partnership? Being able to demonstrate and highlight examples of these are the key criteria for you to be successful in joining our existing talented and passionate team. The following selection criteria is also important, but we are happy to teach and mentor you along the way.
- Sound knowledge of the building & construction industry
- Previous estimating experience
- Relevant building trade qualification, preferably in carpentry
- Prior experience in insurance building advantageous, however not essential
- Excellent organisational & time management skills
- Strong computer skills
- Confident & professional phone manner
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to build effective relationships & be empathetic to the needs of the client
- Dispute resolution skills
- Positive attitude & sound work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Familiarity with OHS practices, legislations & regulations
- Familiarity with current market rates & trades
- Current & valid motor vehicle licence
- A respected organisation with stability and security
- Support and guidance from experienced managers
- A positive and rewarding team culture
- Future career progression where great work is recognised and rewarded
- Up to date technology and a modern office environment