Join our dynamic team of experienced developers & work across a broad range of business units | Flexible working hours | 12-month fixed term contract
- Johns Lyng Group
- Full-Time Opportunity – 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
- Doncaster Head Office
- Salary Commensurate with Experience
Johns Lyng Group has been established since 1953 and has a reputation for excellence. Underpinning the company’s success is our in-house Software team in which multiple opportunities now exist for motivated and enthusiastic Senior Software Developers.
You will be a member of a cross functional team which include other Full Stack Developers, BA/QA/Testers and Product Owners. Day to day you will be tasked with driving quality, working on cross platform/device web applications using some of the latest web technologies.
Based in our Doncaster Head Office, the focus of this diverse role is to deliver software systems developments across a broad range of business units. You will work in a dynamic team of experienced developers in an office-based role.
This position is well-suited for an individual who is adaptable, flexible, willing to challenge and be challenged. In addition, your strong communication skills and attention to detail will benefit you in this highly analytical role with a big focus on sound problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Software Developers, Business Analyst & Business stakeholders in providing system improvements
- Work closely with the Software Development Team in providing input into system design & development implementation
- Develop & support business software suites for multiple business units within the Johns Lyng Group of companies
- Support & troubleshoot software defects
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Research & introduce proven technologies where feasible to provide technical improvements
Do you have proven examples of demonstrating drive and energy? Are you extremely motivated and can think outside the box? Do you want the opportunity to potentially work your way into a partnership? Being able to demonstrate and highlight examples of these are the key criteria for you to be successful in joining our existing talented and passionate team. The following selection criteria is also important, but we are happy to teach and mentor you along the way.
- Commercial experience in .NET development technologies & Microsoft application development frameworks
- Understanding & demonstrated desire to learn different modern software architectures
- Familiarity with Object Relational Mapping, LINQ, Entity Framework
- Vast commercial experience with AngularJS & Angular, VB .NET, C#
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and database design, specifically SQL Server
- Proven ability to identify and improve legacy software to conform with modern best practices
- Familiarity with Git, Azure Devops and CI/CD
Our culture of growth, development along with flexible working hours will ensure you have the support you need to make a success of your next career move.
Please note: A criminal background check will make up part of the recruitment process.