Do you have a Carpentry / Building Trade background & the desire to progress your career with an industry leader? Join our Mackay team today!
- Johns Lyng Group
- Mackay & Surrounds
- Full-Time Employment
- Company Vehicle & Career Growth Opportunities
Positioned as one of Australia's leading insurance builders, Johns Lyng Group has been established since 1953 and has a reputation for excellence. Management's transparent and honest attitude towards staff, coupled with our team of highly skilled craftsmen and professionals make us ready for any building emergency.
An exciting opportunity is now available for a dedicated and hardworking individual to join our Regional Builders team in the position of Supervisor / Estimator.
The focus of this diverse role will be to assess and quote on works and engage, coordinate and manage trades during the restoration process for insurance claims. You will be responsible for providing regular repair progress updates to customers and ensuring a high level of service is provided at all times.
This position will involve working remotely and regular travel around Mackay and surrounding areas will be required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable and secure company that values its people above all else! Future opportunities for career progression will also be available.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write building insurance assessment reports for insurance companies
- Estimate for building re-instatement works
- Estimate, submit & deliver government / council works in the way of tenders
- Engage, coordinate & manage trades during the restoration process for buildings damaged by insurable events
- Communicate & negotiate with trades to track the progress of jobs
- Liaise between insurance companies & insured parties
- Coordinate access to properties with insured parties
- Dispute & issue resolution, as required
- Ensure all work conforms to legislative & contractual OH&S requirements
- Ensure all inspections, certificates of final inspection from Building Surveyor & all relevant documentation is signed off
- Regular travel around Mackay & surrounding areas
Do you have proven examples of demonstrating drive and energy? Are you extremely motivated and can think outside the box? Do you want the opportunity to potentially work your way into a partnership? Being able to demonstrate and highlight examples of these are the key criteria for you to be successful in joining our existing talented and passionate team. The following selection criteria is also important, but we are happy to teach and mentor you along the way.
- Extensive & varied experience within the construction industry
- Relevant building trade qualification, preferably in carpentry
- Insurance building background, highly regarded
- Local industry relationships ideal, however not essential
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Strong work ethic & be highly motivated
- Ability to manage multiple & competing priorities
- Ability to be empathetic to the needs of the client
- Strong computer skills
- Well presented
- Familiarity with OHS practices, legislation & regulations
- Familiarity with current market rates & trades
- Current motor vehicle licence