Do you have a Purchasing background, Construction experience & the desire to progress your career with an industry leader? Join our Doncaster team!
- Johns Lyng Group
- Doncaster Head Office
- Full-Time Opportunity (Monday to Friday Hours)
- Career Growth Opportunities
Positioned as one of Australia's leading Insurance Builders, Johns Lyng Group has been established since 1953 and has a reputation for excellence. Management's transparent and honest attitude towards staff, coupled with our team of highly skilled craftsmen and professionals make us ready for any building emergency.
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Doncaster Head Office team in the position of Purchasing Officer.
In this diverse role, you will ensure trade, material and supplier costs are competitive, while also managing the end to end on-boarding process of suppliers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable and secure company that values its people above all else. Future opportunities for career progression will also be available.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtain quotations for sub-contractor works
- Liaise with supervisors, estimators, suppliers, subcontractors & senior management
- Tender projects
- Process quotations & recommendations
- Update and maintain subcontractor trade base
- Manage induction of new subcontractors & suppliers
- Make recommendations for capital & overhead expenditure
- Authorise project expenditure up to the budgeted allowance
- Develop KPI measures to meet organisational requirements in key areas
- Ensure all quotations conform to legislative & contractual OHS requirements
- Ensure all certificates for work cover & public liability insurance are current
- Attend project sites on an adhoc basis
- Undertake general administrative tasks
- Assist in preparing & coordinating monthly cost reporting meetings for supervisor projects
- Access, view & update sensitive information relating to customers, employees & company intellectual property
Do you have proven examples of demonstrating drive and energy? Are you extremely motivated and can think outside the box? Do you want the opportunity to potentially work your way into a partnership? Being able to demonstrate and highlight examples of these are the key criteria for you to be successful in joining our existing talented and passionate team. The following selection criteria is also important, but we are happy to teach and mentor you along the way.
- Previous Purchasing experience
- Sound knowledge of the Building & Construction industry
- Construction or Trade Qualification, highly advantageous
- Ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders
- Results driven with excellent attention to detail
- Superior customer service & communication skills, both written & verbal
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple & competing priorities
- Ability to be empathetic to the needs of the client
- Proactive & motivated personality
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint