Do you have a Building Surveying, Construction or Trade Qualification & the desire to progress your career with an industry leader? Apply now!
- Johns Lyng Group
- Doncaster Head Office
- Full-Time Opportunity (Monday to Friday Hours)
- Career Growth Opportunities
Positioned as one of Australia's leading Insurance Builders, Johns Lyng Group has been established since 1953 and has a reputation for excellence. Management's transparent and honest attitude towards staff, coupled with our team of highly skilled craftsmen and professionals make us ready for any building emergency.
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic and motivated Plans & Permit Officer to join our Doncaster Head Office team.
This role would best suit a team player with the ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment. You will have strong communication and relationship building skills and will be results driven, proactive and motivated. A building surveying, construction or trade qualification or relevant industry experience will be viewed as highly advantageous.
This is a fantastic chance to join a stable and secure company that values its people above all else. On the job training and professional development opportunities will also be available.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with draftspersons to obtain architectural drawings
- Engage building surveyors & assist in obtaining building permits
- Book inspections for all building permit projects
- Undertake applications to engineers & geotechnical consultants
- Engage with councils for variation permits, including planning, asset protection, report & consent
- Apply for home owners warranties
- Liaise with supervisors & estimators
- Update & manage sub-contractor trade base
- Develop KPI measures for plans & permit services to meet organisational requirements
- Ensure all insurance certificates for work cover & public liability are current
- Attend project sites on an adhoc basis
- Undertake general administrative tasks
- Access, view & update sensitive information relating to customers, employees & company intellectual property
Do you have proven examples of demonstrating drive and energy? Are you extremely motivated and can think outside the box? Do you want the opportunity to potentially work your way into a partnership? Being able to demonstrate and highlight examples of these are the key criteria for you to be successful in joining our existing talented and passionate team. The following selection criteria is also important, but we are happy to teach and mentor you along the way.
- Building Surveying, Construction or Trade Qualification, highly advantageous
- Sound knowledge of the Building & Construction industry
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including a professional phone manner
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly computer literate including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Can-do, positive attitude
- A willingness to learn & start from the ground up in a fast moving organisation & team