Are you an experienced Carpenter, Plasterer or Painter looking to progress your career with an industry leader? Join our Canberra team today.
- Johns Lyng Regional Builders
- Canberra Office
- Full-Time Opportunity
- Fully Maintained Company Vehicle & Career Growth Opportunities
Positioned as one of Australia’s leading Building and Construction companies, Johns Lyng Group has been established since 1953 and have a reputation for excellence. Highly talented business units coupled with management’s transparent and honest attitude towards staff have had an enormous impact on the growth of this company.
An exciting opportunity is available for a dedicated and hardworking Carpenter / Plasterer / Painter to join our Canberra team.
The focus of this diverse role will be to travel to sites and complete repair and maintenance related works across a number of insurance projects and maintenance service contracts throughout ACT.
You will work autonomously under the supervision of Johns Lyng Group’s Site Supervisors to provide a high level of quality workmanship across our projects. In addition to completing repairs and maintenance works, you will be responsible for attending calls, providing job progress updates and photos, providing customers with details pertaining to repairs and timelines and assisting with quotation processes and winning jobs for the division.
This opportunity will involve working remotely from our Canberra office and regular travel around the ACT and surrounds will be required.
This is a fantastic chance to join an established company that values its people above all else! Future opportunities for career progression will also be available.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect works sites prior to commencement of work
- Order appropriate materials from our suppliers
- Adhere to all WHS obligations & procedures, ensuring strict compliance
- Conduct project risk assessments where required
- Liaise with Site Supervisors & clearly communicate & deliver on timeframes, processes & deliveries of materials
- Keep Site Supervisors informed on the progress of projects, including customer concerns, needs & delays
- Provide daily photos, updates & progress of each project via an iPad
- Ensure customer & company satisfaction with professional appearance, expertise in workmanship & strong communication skills
- Attend company & client meetings, as approved by the Area Manager
- Manage field activities, subcontractors & overall programmes / schedules for works
- Provide a demonstrated understanding of the rectification process
- Work autonomously to ensure works are completed on time & within budget
Do you have proven examples of demonstrating drive and energy? Are you extremely motivated and can think outside the box? Do you want the opportunity to potentially work your way into a partnership? Being able to demonstrate and highlight examples of these are the key criteria for you to be successful in joining our existing talented and passionate team. The following selection criteria is also important, but we are happy to teach and mentor you along the way.
- Demonstrated experience in completing repairs in Carpentry, Plastering and/or Painting
- Relevant Building Trade Qualification
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Confident & professional phone manner
- Strong organisational & dispute resolution skills
- Ability to manage a varied & demanding workload
- An honest nature & the ability to learn from mistakes
- Strong computer skills
- Current Australian driver licence