Shadforth are seeking an experienced and dynamic procurement officer to join our team. Excellent opportunity based on the Sunshine Coast.
- Career Opportunity on the Sunshine Coast
- Previous Experience negotiating Preferred Supplier Contracts is essential
- Civil Construction Experience / Knowledge - highly regarded
Shadforth is an award winning, family owned company, that has enjoyed unparalleled success on the Sunshine Coast for over 40 years.
The success of Shadforth has been built on respect, the positive energy and hard work of our people, commitment to a safety culture and a standard of excellence in delivering quality projects. These core values have driven our people and bound us together to deliver exceptional projects for our clients.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement Officer to join our forward thinking company to assist with continued progression and future growth.
To be successful in this role, the successful candidate will need to address their ability and experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrated ability and experience negotiating with suppliers, to achieve the best possible outcome for both parties
- Effectively control the procurement process while liaising with all other staff members involved in purchasing
- Recommend and implement new processes to further strengthen the existing procurement strategy
- Establish and assist with the negotiation of contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Co-ordinate plant hires, daily stand downs and off hire of machinery
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
- Reconcile invoices and resolve value discrepancies with suppliers
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and senior management
- Proven experience in a senior purchasing role
- Pro-active, can-do approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of civil construction equipment preferable
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook) with accurate typing skills
- High level of initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated planning/scheduling experience
- Highly efficient time management and prioritising skills
- Well-developed and written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills to co-ordinate a number of different tasks at one time
- Be able to follow processes and procedures
This is a part time position with a requirement that working hours will need to align with our construction site hours (6.30am - 5 pm). Remuneration will be commensurate of demonstrated experience.
Applicants must reside on the Sunshine Coast.
If you are seeking a long-term career opportunity with a company who appreciates and rewards your contribution, then we look forward to hearing from you. To apply for this opportunity please attach your CV with a covering letter demonstrating your experience to fulfill the criteria listed, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To gain a better understanding of Shadforth, please visit our website at www.shadcivil.com.au