Moreton Hire are now looking for a Project Director to lead a team in the planning and delivery of major events on a national level
- Senior operations role within the events industry
- Deliver major sporting, music and cultural events across Australia
- Hands on - build / construction role
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking an experienced, passionate, energetic and highly motivated Event Project Director to oversee the logistical requirements of major events around Australia.
Situated in either Sydney or Brisbane, this newly created role will report to the National Events Manager and will be considered a senior role within the company. We are in turn, looking for a senior professional.
You will work alongside national and state managers with regards to event requirements and direct a national team of Event Project Managers to deliver the highest standard of build, quality and overall customer experience that our many tier one clients expect.
- Design and plan complex projects to deadline, budget and contract requirements including pre planning, labour scheduling and costs, freight requirements, machinery, travel and accommodation costs, project organisational charts and all other logistical requirements.
- The oversee and responsibility of every major event delivery at a national level – managing multiple state-based Project Managers.
- Assist with the tender and forecasting of large-scale events through commercial and financial forecasting
- Managing a key client portfolio within our mix of corporate, sporting, music and lifestyle events;
- Be hands on as needed. We will need someone who likes to work and be flexible with hours and travel.
- At least 7+ years events experience running major multimillion-dollar projects within the event, construction industries or similar
- A proven leadership footprint both throughout your career and in your personal endeavours
- Bachelor level qualification in Engineering, Project Management, Business or similar
- Extremely well versed in planning and organising complex projects to deadline requirements
- Be able to provide examples of planning and delivering large scale projects to contract and budget requirements.
This role in not for the faint hearted. Please only apply if you feel you fit the above criteria. We are looking for someone who understands and has worked within the industry or a related industry at a senior level.
If you feel you are suited to the above, you will find this to be an extremely satisfying career, with a company who is a leader in its filed. You will experience great personal and professional achievements and be constantly but appropriately challenged to keep you up to date with market trends and relevant within the industry.
Apply now by submitting your CV, a cover letter outlining your project achievements and a short 3-5 minute (max), video file to summarise why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this position within Moreton Hire.