Join this well regarded Financial Services Organisation, as a Senior Legal Counsel within the financial services team.
- Leading Insurance Team
- Financial Services Top Listed Organisation
- Insurance/ Distribution Focus
Join this well regarded, Financial Services Organisation, as an In-House Legal Counsel within the financial services distribution team. We can offer you the opportunity to work within a team of capable, supportive professionals who are passionate about their career but also value their work/life balance.
Skills & Experience
- Providing high quality, strategic and commercially focused legal and governance advice to your business partners, including effectively managing external counsel.
- Establishing effective relationships with business partners and peers to understand their business drivers and strategic priorities.
- Monitoring legislative/regulatory changes and provision of advice to proactively identify issues which may impact strategy, operational issues or business processes.
- Project manage all legal aspects of new projects and initiatives as required.
Skills & Experience
- Proven legal experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Legal experience required in the following functional areas; insurance law including knowledge of general insurance and reinsurance products, claims and coverage issues, licensing requirements, FSR and Chapter 7, dealing with regulators such as ASIC and APRA, general commercial contracts, partnering, outsourcing, procurement and advisory
- Well-developed legal skills (eg written communications, advisory, contract drafting, relationship building)
- Excellent stakeholder and project management skills with the ability to proactively provide strategic and customer centric solutions.
- Ability to triage multiple priorities and work both autonomously and within a team in a dynamic environment
- Advanced understanding of general insurance and/or the broader financial services industry desirable
- Bachelor of Law or equivalent
Please email your resume to Catherine Wolfe-Coote firstname.lastname@example.org in microsoft office word