Global Asset Manager is seeking a talented Assistant Company Secretary to assist with Subsidiary Board meetings.
- Global Asset Manager
- Dynamic and Friendly Team based in CBD
- Support Subsidiary Boards
The Assistant Company Secretary will report directly to the Company Secretary and is responsible for the efficient administration of the Australian subsidiary companies, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Act as the named Company Secretary of Australian Private Companies
- Assist with the smooth running of all Australian subsidiary board meetings and decision-making
- Advise on and prepare meeting agendas in a timely manner
- Facilitate the conduct of meetings
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings for approval by the relevant board and distribute as necessary
- Prepare and distribute extracts of minutes and follow-up on action items and outstanding matters
- Coordinate circular resolutions and carry out Board requests
- Manage timetables and calendars for each board, and ensure these are adhered to by all internal departments
- Act as a key liaison for all business areas, in relation to preparation for board meetings and board paper drafting
- Act as a point of communication or direction, between board members and stakeholders (internal or external)
- Prepare and arrange the execution and filing of contractual documents as required
- Arrange the statutory filings required to be made in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain a strong working relationship and regular dialogue with board members
- Manage responses to Know Your Client requirements in relation to Australian subsidiaries
- Provide assistance and/or coordination in relation to company secretarial requirement in other jurisdictions as directed
- Ensure that all company secretarial matters are handled in a timely and efficient manner
- Qualified Company Secretary with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Relevant university qualification (preferred)
- Sound technical knowledge of the Corporations Act, demonstrating knowledge of legislation applicable to governance procedures
- Well-developed communication skills, with the ability to communicate at various levels within the company, with clients and external bodies
- Disciplined and organised - excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times, understanding the importance of professional and ethical practices
- A flexible team player, with the ability to work well as part of a team and to contribute to successful outcomes
To apply for the role please email a Cover Letter and Resume directly to Sandra Crawford at email@example.com.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.