Provide legal support to legal matters arising from regulator engagement which are litigious or contentious.
- In-House Legal Counsel 3 - 6 Years PQE
- Strong Executive Leadership Team
- Financial Services Front End Experience Sought
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to deliver high quality legal services in support of the organisation’s legal response to regulatory projects and investigations, champion ethical conduct and practices, build partnerships and work collaboratively in a high performing, customer-focused team.
- Contribute to the legal response on programs of work arising from regulatory investigations.
- Build a deep and effective understanding of our relationships with stakeholders, to understand their business drivers and strategic priorities.
- Deliver high quality legal services in a timely manner, including initiating and providing strategic counsel, legal risk management and legal project management services.
- Develop and maintain an engagement model with our external legal providers and other outsourced service providers which aligns with strategic objectives and priorities.
- Continually contribute to improvement of work systems, processes and planning systems within your team and across the broader organisation with respect to regulatory matters.
- Contribute actively and effectively to the execution of the LBS Business Plan (including goals/targets, strategic initiatives and objectives/key results).
- Perform your role consistently with your duty to the court and the administration of justice and deliver legal services competently, diligently, and in a timely manner, as set out in the Legal Profession Uniform Law Australian Solicitors’ Conduct Rules 2015.
- Legal practice experience > 3 years PQE, including in financial services regulatory (advisory and / or disputes and investigations) at top tier private practice or ASX Top 20 financial services companies
- Well developed legal skills (e.g. written communications, advisory, negotiation, relationship building)
- Developing stakeholder management skills with the ability to proactively provide customer centric solutions
- Ability to triage multiple priorities and work autonomously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent
- Qualified as a legal practitioner or admitted to appropriate professional body (i.e. Law Society of New South Wales)