Casual work for experienced DSW's through the Cleveland area, immediately available
- Certificate III or above in Disability is essential
- Must have prior experience working in a disability support role
- Great opportunity if you're looking for casual work!
Disability Support Worker – ClevelandCommand On-Call are looking for Disability Support Workers who are passionate about providing in-home care to those who depend upon it to maintain a level of independence.
You must have a minimum of 12 months paid experience in a similar disability support role.
Services you may provide include:
- In-home disability support
- Domestic and personal care assistance
- Community access and participation
- Information and advocacy support
- Social support
looking for casual DSW work and who are willing to be a key part of upholding our vision to help all clients live safely and independently at home, improving quality of life. Working throughout the Cleveland area, it is essential you have your own vehicle and hold a valid, unrestricted licence.
Duties may include assisting with personal care, domestic assistance, social support, respite, and transportation within the community. As a Disability Support Worker your mission is to support clients to remain in their own homes and empower them to do this with as much independence as possible.
- Provide high quality supports in accordance with the individuals Care Plan, policies and procedures and the NDIS practice standards
- Build positive relationships and communicate appropriately with clients, their families and networks
- Consult and provide feedback to the Management team regarding client outcomes, needs, concerns and risks identified
- Ability to provide personal and domestic care including cooking meals, and create a non-judgmental environment
- Be available to cover shifts as needed
- Flexibility around various shift lengths rotating over a 7-day roster
- Proven experience in supporting people with high care disability needs
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or similar is essential
- Australian National Police check (within 3 years)
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- 2020 flu vaccination and proof of this
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Driver's licence and your own vehicle
- Comprehensive car insurance
Email CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0730732500.
At Command ON-CALL we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Please note: only successful applicants will be contacted