NDIS Disability Support Worker role available for an experienced DSW, based in North Brisbane
- Certificate III or above in Disability is essential
- Must have prior experience working in a disability support role
- Flexibility to work a range of shifts
Disability Support Worker – North Brisbane
Command On-Call are looking for an experienced Disability Support Worker who is passionate about providing in-home care to those who depend upon it to maintain a level of independence.
You must have a minimum of 12 months paid experience in a similar disability support role.
Services you may provide include:
- In-home disability support
- Personal cares
- Medication administration
- Transitional care
- Hospital in the home
- Emotional support
Duties may include assisting with personal care, domestic assistance, social support, respite, and scheduling appointments for the clients. As a DSW your mission is to support clients to remain in their own homes, and empower them to do this with as much independence as possible.
Plan, provide and review supports in collaboration with the individual and their networks to ensure they provide for their holistic well-being. You will build positive relationships and communicate appropriately with clients, their families and networks.
- Ability to provide personal and domestic care including cooking meals, and create a non-judgmental environment
- Be available to cover various shift patterns rotating over a 7-day roster (which can be discussed in further detail)
- Proven experience in supporting people with high care needs
- Familiar with using a full sling hoist for patient transfer
- Confident working with a team of carers and interpreting an in-depth care plan
- Certificate III or above in Individual Support or Disability (or similar) is essential
- Australian National Police check (within 3 years)
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- 2020 flu vaccination and proof of this
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Driver's licence and your own car
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah on 0730732500
At Command ON-CALL we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.