Python Developer - Contract or Perm - Act based role
Open To: Australian Citizens with or able to pass Baseline Security Clearance
We are looking to fill a role for a Python Programmer to work on the Open Data Cube (ODC) and related projects. The ODC is an open-source Python library that facilitates working with large volumes of earth observation data.
This role will involve working with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve the software and will be joining a team who maintain, improve and foster a community around this popular project.
The role will involve creating data pipelines and processing techniques that work in both supercomputer and in cloud computing environments.
This is a great chance to work in an inclusive team and to interact with peers from around the world in working on open data and open-source software to make Earth observation data easier to access and in doing so, help us to make the world a little better.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Extensive experience with the Python programming language
- Familiarity with relational databases like Postgresql
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Experience in scripting languages and Linux system administration
- Extensive experience in source control management and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in the use of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with spatial data
- Knowledge of remote sensing concepts
- Experience with containerisation
- Experience with cloud orchestration