A Lead Radiographer with Cath-lab experience is encouraged apply to join Northern Beaches Medical Imaging at the Northern Beaches Hospital!
- State of the Art New Imaging Department
- Career Progression and growth
- Maternity Leave Contract available from June 2021
We are seeking an experienced Cath-lab/Vascular Radiographer to lead the Northern Beaches Medical Imaging Cath Lab/Vascular team from June 2021 covering a maternity leave position. Northern Beaches Medical Imaging (NBMI) is located within the Northern Beaches Hospital (NBH) in Frenchs Forest, NSW.
This full time role will be required to work as a hemodynamically trained Advanced Radiographer in the Cath lab, biplane and hybrid theatres.
What we offer – a wide variety of cases in a professional environment
- Interventional Cardiology
- Interventional Vascular
- Interventional Radiology
- Interventional Neurology
- Performing radiography for cardiac, vascular, interventional radiology and neurology. Includes assistance in operating interventional equipment such as intravascular ultrasound, FFR and pressure injectors.
- Assisting interventionists to achieve optimum results both during and post completion of cases with any reasonable imaging and archiving related requests.
- Rostering and daily resource management including on call. Active participation in on-call roster (including emergency STEMI service) and ability to attend site within 30 minutes of call.
- Being the conduit between the hospitals and imaging teams and reporting to the NBMI Imaging Manager.
- Equipment management, maintenance and organising applications support when required
- Attending head of department meetings
- Compiling monthly reporting
- Oversee training ensuring competencies levels met in both imaging and haemodynamic monitoring
- Promoting a positive work culture
- Be an advocate for radiation safety within the labs for all staff and patients.
- Current EPA Licence
- AHPRA Registration
- Proven cardiac & vascular experience
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- A high-level knowledge of Philips Angiography equipment (or equivalent units)
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict in a complex environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An understanding of WHS and Radiation safety responsibilities
- Knowledge and understanding of Radiology Information System (RIS) & PACS
- Previous experience using Philips Angiography hardware/software.
- Proven success in a leadership role
Employment at the Northern Beaches Hospital is conditional on attainment of a National Police Check and Working with Children Clearance.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.