Wanting to get into aged care! Are you compassionate & empathetic? Care for the elderly with meals & personal care, flexible roster, up to $23.80/hr
- Become a Personal Carer... NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
- Part Time Shift Work - 75 hours per fortnight
- $20.97-$23.87 per hour plus super
Our client is a leading aged care provider based in Bowral, Southern Highlands. As a not for profit organisation they are dedicated to providing the highest care to the local community. Due to expansion they are seeking experienced and highly capable Personal Care Assistants that are available to start ASAP and complete shift work (Morning, Afternoon or Night) as a P/T employee working approximately 75 hours per fortnight.
You will be responsible for providing the highest standards of personal care and support to the residents to improve their wellbeing and quality of life. Working as a valued member of the clinical team, some of the responsibilities will include;
- Providing quality resident-focused and personal care.
- Assisting with meals, engaging residents in chores and activities and helping them to settle for a restful sleep.
- Take an active role in getting to know the residents and their families.
- Ideally a Certificate in Aged Care, a recent police check, flu vaccination certificate and first aid certificate.
- Experience caring for and responding effectively to the behaviours and concerns of residents living with Dementia
- Patience; common sense and a strong ethos of client service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build effective relationships and work within a team
- Competitive hourly rates
- Flexible working arrangements and rosters
- A friendly, supportive and team focused culture with the opportunity to create something special within this fabulous facility.