Fantastic opportunity to join the Exploration team at the Mt Morgans Gold Operation and Redcliffe Project. 8/6 roster FIFO ex Perth.
- Mt Morgans Gold Operation and Redcliffe Project - Laverton region of WA
- Focussed on numerous open pit and underground exploration projects from early
- Exposure to multiple deposit gold deposit styles and exploration techniques
Dacian Gold Limited is a growing ASX listed Australian gold producer (ASX:DCN) via its 100% owned Mt Morgans Gold Operation near Laverton, Western Australia.
Mt Morgans is an open pit operation producing approximately 110,000-120,000oz with mining activities currently focused in the Heffernans, Doublejay and Mt Marven deposits. A recently constructed 2.5 Mtpa CIL treatment plant processes ores from the various pits while numerous underground and open pit development projects are advancing through Dacian’s extensive project pipeline.
Dacian is focused on unlocking value across its large and highly prospective tenement package at Mt Morgans which is situated amongst several multi-million ounce gold mines. With continued operational momentum, a strengthening balance sheet and numerous avenues for production and mine life growth, Dacian is positioned to create value and deliver returns for its shareholders.
Dacian Gold is seeking to employ a Senior Exploration Geologist to take a leadership role within our site-based exploration team. This role is offered on a 8 days on, 6 days off roster, however, some flexibility to meet the needs of the operation may be required.
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in the development of the exploration strategy for Dacian Projects;
- Supervision of the exploration team and contractors to ensure safe and high-quality work procedures are maintained;
- Planning and supervision of drilling and other exploration programs including logging, data entry, assessment of results and all aspects of quality control;
- Compilation and assessment of geological information including mapping, geochemical sampling, and geophysical surveys;
- Interpretation of logging and drilling results with assistance in the evaluation of geological modelling, resource estimation and subsequent economic evaluation;
- Oversee the planning and coordination of logistics and supplies for all exploration activities;
- Mentoring geologists and other field personnel;
- In consultation with the Senior Field Assistants, plan rosters and leave schedule;
- Ensure that policies, processes and standards are adhered to;
- Monitor performance standards;
- Assist with planning and oversight of environmental, heritage surveys and rehabilitation programs as required;
- Prepare exploration reports as required; and
- Associated duties as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria;
- Bachelor of Science (Geology Major) or equivalent;
- Have 8-12 years previous experience in gold exploration, ideally based in WA;
- Have a genuine interest in exploration geology and the desire to be part of a discovery team;
- Experience and understanding of exploration programs within Archean Gold Deposits;
- Experience in geophysical data interpretation will be highly regarded;
- An approach and communication style which is supportive of other team members;
- Proven history in the supervision of high performing team; and,
- Driver’s license (C Class, manual car), essential.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.
Please note: We respectfully request that there are no approaches from recruitment agencies in relation to this role. We will be accepting applications and enquiries from direct applicants only.