Specialist civil contractor in Civil to Mining construction projects throughout Western Australia require an experienced H&S Advisor
- 6 month contract
- FIFO Even Roster
- Large Mining Client
Job Title: Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Perth - FIFO
Pay Rate: $60 - $70 an hour + super
Engagement: 6-month contract
My client is a Mid-Tier Civil contractor who conducts road upgrades throughout Western Australia. With work scheduled to pick up my client is seeking motivated H&S advisors with experience around earthworks & general civils to join their growing team.
You will be responsible for:
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture and implement best practice management systems in the workplace.
- Monitor daily site tasks and provide advice on risks and controls
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures, and regulatory and legislative requirements for Health and Safety.
- Ensure that OHS induction and training is provided to all employees and subcontractors,
- Manage Subcontractor compliance
- Undertake audits to verify compliance.
- Investigate any injuries, incidents and near misses and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Co-ordinate return to work activities.
- 5-10 years experience in a civil engineering &/or construction environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships internally as well as externally.
- Excellent skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning, communication and organizing along with the ability to positively influence improved Health and Safety outcomes.
- Ideally Rio Tinto inducted
- Degree, Diploma or similar and a current member of a relevant professional institution
- Lead Investigator
- Safety Auditor
- First Aider.
- $60 - $70 an hour + super
- Even Roster ex Perth
If you are a genuine, practical health and safety manager or an advisor, with the ability to work with the team, with practical solutions to problems please apply now!!!