A Mid Tier specialist contractor is looking for qualified Micro Tunneling operators to join their family.
- Micro Tunnel Boring Machine Operator required
- Fulltime Permanent position based in Melbourne
- Salary Expectations $140k - $180k Base + Super
Our Client is a well respected provider of Microtunneling services across Australia and New Zealand. You will be working as part of team constructing utilities based projects including the construction of Sewers, Stormwater, Gas and Electricity Infrastructure valued up to approx $50m AUD. If your an experienced MTBM operator throughout Australia and looking to join a family feel company where your not just a number then this is a role you will want to consider.
- Participates in the MTBM system assembly/disassembly during mobilization/demobilization periods,
- Manage the testing of all MTBM utility connections
- Monitors line and grade; ensuring alignment remains within tolerance in accordance with project plans and specifications
- Maintains accurate records of jacking operations as per specified forms
- Responsible for operations, daily maintenance and routine repairs of MTBM
- Communicates equipment and tunneling status to shift operators; pertinent to smooth transfer of controls
- Must be physically fit for underground/confined spaces and be comfortable climbing/crawling within these areas
- Requires knowledge/experience with mechanics, hydraulics, and electronics to successfully monitor and analyze operating systems
- Requires a pro-active approach to ensure success
- Potential candidates must have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum 2 years of specialized experience as an MTBM Operator
- Demonstrable knowledge on Occupational Health and Safety specifically around underground operations
- Right to live and work in Australia
For a confidential no obligation chat about the role give Chris a call on 0487 400 400. Be advised our office will be closed during the holiday period (23rd Dec - 02nd Jan) so suitable candidates may not be contacted until after that period.