Multiple opportunities for both Personal Support & High-Level Personal Support Workers in Port Douglas. Ongoing training & development provided.
- Comprehensive training & induction provided + regular skills upgrades
- Regular shifts: flexibility of casual work with the security of regular hours
- Grow your career & develop long-term professional relationships
Personal Support & High Support Worker’s – Casual opportunities
- Do what you love every day!
- Establish a healthy work Life balance with flexible shift patterns
- Not for profit Salary packaging that increases your take home pay
- Full industry induction, training and ongoing development and career opportunities
Spinal Life Australia is a not-for-profit organisation passionate in our commitment to rebuilding lives, promoting and celebrating independence, and preventing spinal injuries. Our Personal Support & Home Care Services team support people across Queensland with spinal cord injury and other physical disabilities so that they can live the life they choose.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for both personal support and high level personal support workers across Port Douglas. A career at Spinal Life Australia is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to share the activities that you already love, with clients who are looking for someone to assist with not just their daily routine but share their passions and hobbies. Your shifts will always be full while you assist your client to live a full and active life. Our clients are decision makers who plan and organise their own lives and make their own choices. Your role is to provide the support our clients need and choose so they can live the life that they enjoy.
While you enjoy sharing the day with our client, Spinal Life Australia will look after your career and future development!
Personal Support Workers:
- No previous experience or qualification is required! We provide comprehensive training and Inductions, so we can teach you everything you need to know.
- A genuine career path is available to those that are seeking a career, not just a job.
- We offer penalty rates for weekends, nights and public holidays that make a real difference in your pay packet.
- The opportunity to really make a difference in your clients' lives.
High Level Personal Support Workers:
- High Support Service provides 24/7 support to clients with high-level injuries living in their own homes
- Great opportunity for current support workers or nursing students to expand their knowledge and skill base
- As well as having experience within an individual support role, you will be able to respond effectively in an emergency situation, be emotionally aware, extremely resilient and be responsive to the changing support needs of our clients
You'll also need to:
- Be available to work shifts from 7am- 4pm in the morning and evenings from 7-12pm (Shift times within these hours will vary from upwards of 1 hour with peak hours being 5pm-10pm)
- High support employee’s will on occasion be asked to work overnight for 24/7 care (overnight shifts will be subject to additional hourly rates)
- Either have a current blue and yellow card or be able to apply for an NDIS workers screen + Blue card.
- Must have a current driver licence, own vehicle and smartphone device
- Complete NDIS Worker Orientation Module (Certificate given on Completion!)
Apply now and you'll enjoy all the benefits and career possibilities Spinal Life Australia has to offer.
Visit our website www.spinal.com.au for more information about what we do, our clients, and our staff.