Spinal Life is looking for Support Workers in Ayr to provide support to a person with a physical disability in their own home.
- Comprehensive training & induction provided + regular skills upgrades
- Regular shifts: flexibility of casual work with the security of regular hours
- Grow your career & develop long-term professional relationships
Personal Support Workers – AYR
- Full industry training, induction and ongoing development and career opportunities
- Establish a healthy work-life balance with flexible shift patterns
- Work in a supportive environment
- Benefit from salary packaging that increases your take home pay
We’re actively recruiting for Personal Support Workers to deliver outstanding care and support to our customers.
When starting a career at Spinal Life, you’ll be joining a team of health care workers, activists, researchers, volunteers, and friends all committed to changing the way disability is seen and creating a fairer Australia. Your role is vital, and we’d love for you to be part of the Spinal Life team.
As a Personal Support Worker, you’ll support our customers with a wide range of daily activities including housework, domestic duties, personal care, grooming and getting out and about in the community.
What you’ll need:
- No experience is required as full industry training is provided.
- Have a current Yellow Card (QLD) or National Police Clearance (WA) , and a Working with Children Check (Blue Card ) or be willing to apply for one
- Complete the free online NDIS Worker Orientation Module
- Current Australian driver’s licence, own vehicle and smartphone device
- Be physically capable of constant lifting, bending and carrying
- Have a positive attitude, and ability to empathetically relate to others
Some of the duties you’ll be expected to complete:
- Transferring in and out of bed, wheelchairs, using hoists when required
- Showering, bathing, dressing, personal grooming and dental hygiene
- Personal care, including toileting, bladder and bowel management
- Basic wound care and Self-medication
- Meal preparation and eating including PEG feeding
- Domestic support such as general household cleaning and laundry
- Community access such as driving to appointments and social activities
Our Personal Support Workers are:
- Sensitive and adaptable to customers’ different personalities, cultural backgrounds and family/house dynamics and changing needs
- Resilient in managing challenging behaviour and performing under pressure
- Flexible. Most shifts involve assisting people in the morning to get ready or in the evening to go to bed, between 6am-9am and 6pm-10pm, and are usually no longer than two hours
- Available for casual employment
- Able to follow instructions, make basic calculations, understand support plans and communicate clearly and professionally
Apply now and you'll enjoy all the benefits and career possibilities Spinal Life Australia has to offer.
Visit our website www.spinal.com.au for more information about what we do, our customers, and our staff.