Seeking an experienced RN to provide professional and expert nursing and training to support people with Spinal Cord Injury living in the community.
- Specialised training provided in high-level Spinal Cord Injuries
- Salary Packaging options available that can increase your take-home pay
- Full-time position
Spinal Life Australia is a not-for-profit organisation, passionate in our commitment to rebuilding lives, promoting and celebrating independence, and preventing spinal injuries. Our Personal Support & Home Care Services team support people across Queensland and recently Perth, with spinal cord injury and other physical disabilities so that they can live the life they choose.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Community Spinal Nurse Specialist based in Brisbane. We are looking for a Full-time Nurse but would consider a part-time (please indicate in your Cover Letter) $75,000- 90,000 p.a (FTE)-
This position will provide in-home community-based nursing services to people living with spinal cord injury or damage. You will also provide clinical training, assessment, advice and especially guidance and intervention to support the activities of Spinal Life Australia’s Personal Support and Home Care and Spinal Allied Health services.
This role's purpose is to not only provide nursing care but to enhance the lives and instil independence and wellness to individuals living in the community with Spinal cord injuries.
What will I be doing:
- Provide necessary and appropriate clinical nursing services to individuals living with Spinal Cord Injury in a community setting.
- Continence assessment, wound and pressure area management.
- Make appropriate referrals to internal and external community / health organisations.
- Empower individuals to make informed lifestyle choices relating to community nursing care.
- Contribute to the preparation of funding applications to support members / clients where expert nursing input is required.
- On-site training and assessment of Personal Support Workers (PSWs).
- Provide information regarding provision of best practice community-based personal care and clinical support to people with a spinal cord injury.
- Participate in Spinal Life Australia presentations and events as required.
- Provide coaching and mentoring support and supervision to less experienced clinical facilitator and/or nursing staff as part of Spinal life Australia’s learning and development community of practice.
- Current Registered Nursing Registration with AHPRA
- Current QLD Driver’s Licence
- At least five year’s post graduate experience as Spinal Nurse providing Community Based Nursing Services-have comprehensive knowledge of Spinal Cord Injury and current nursing practices
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge including experience in continence & wound management
This is a fantastic opportunity to really make a difference - in our team, in our organisation and in our clients' lives. Apply now and you'll also enjoy all the benefits of working with Spinal Life Australia, including:
- Comprehensive training and induction
- On-going training and development
- Salary packaging arrangements that can increase your take home pay
- Regular team meetings and celebrations of success - you are part of a big team where your contribution is really valued.
- Working in a team where your expertise is recognised and your contribution truly valued