A wonderful opportunity to work for a flourishing nursery that produces tropical trees.
Who will you work for?
This family owned and run business just 15mins from Bundaberg CBD has gone from strength to strength over the last 10 years. The general manager has developed a positive, encouraging and supportive work environment for an ever-growing team that contribute daily to improving production across the orchard and nursery. As part of this business, you will be given a chance to learn, grow and develop your skills in people and process management whilst contributing to the on-going improvement of the current nursery operations.
The role itself?
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the successful person will need to:
- Overall quality assurance of all plants within the Nursery
- Being responsible for the Irrigation, nutrition, pest management and general health of the all plants in and around the
- Directing a team of staff (growers) in their daily duties
- Making plans and forecasts around plant health
- Assisting all team leaders in helping make decisions around workflow and processes with a focus on optimising plant
- Assisting all team leaders generate weekly forecasts Inc. Production, Propagation and general labour
- Help Administration create work instructions and Standard procedures across all aspects of the Nursery
- Training staff in daily operations tasks across the Nursery
- Adhere to and promote current and developing OH&S
- General supervision and staff motivation
- Innovation of new work process and Research into industry leading
- Assist in business development around diversification of current production
- Support existing personnel structures in times of absence
- Follow company OHS rules and regulations
What kind of person will fit the role?
- +3 years growing experience in a commercial nursery (+100,000 trees/yr)
- Tertiary qualifications in agricultural science or equivalent
- Current driver’s license
- Commercial Spray Operators License; Chemcert accreditation; High Risk Work License – Forklift Operation
- A person with strong accuracy, attention to detail and analytical skills
- A confident, calculated professional with an innate ability to self-reflect and assess
How will you be rewarded?
You will be rewarded for your contributions to the business with an salary (proportionate to your experience and skill set), 9.5% superannuation and outstanding professional development opportunities.
If you would like more information on this role or have any other questions, please make contact with Josh for a confidential conversation.
0416 142 130