An exciting opportunity for a person experienced in row crop production, who has a genuine passion for farming and a knack for managing people.
Manage all aspects of the production of a range of leafy vegetables that will be processed, packaged and supplied to local & international markets.
Who will you work for?
An agribusiness that specialises in growing and packing salad greens and herbs, farming over 900 acres across Queensland and Victoria. Geographically diverse farming operations provide the business with an enhanced production window, risk mitigation strategy and an ability to optimise the businesses position within the market. Their passion is supplying the freshest and highest quality salad lines to the customer as quickly as possible. The founder of the company was a great man of honesty and ethics, a true farmer focused on growing superior quality produce. The company is dedicated to continuing his dreams and values.
The role itself?
Reporting to the Site Manager, the successful person will need to:
- Be confident in managing all operational activities and staff including land prep, weeding, planting and irrigation, workshop equipment maintenance/use and scheduling
- Liaise with the Shed Manager and Assistant Managers to ensure efficient and quality execution of the production plan
- Work hard to improve systems and find further efficiencies to improve the farms production
- Train, manage and mentor key farming staff across all aspects of the production system
- Develop and assist in whole farm planning and management in conjunction with the relevant teams
- Ensure team members are safe, productive, inducted & appropriately skilled to do their work
- Control and manage the sites P&L and budget with guidance from executive team
- Drive process improvements and change management through best practice application focusing on, line efficiencies and productivity
- Promote and manage a team in compliance with all relevant policies, procedures, legislation and regulations
What kind of person will fit the role?
- Extensive experience in irrigated row crop production systems and more than 3 years experience managing a team of production specialists
- Tertiary qualifications in agricultural science, business management or equivalent
- Brilliant communication skills, both oral and written, and an ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Extensive operational skills, including the set-up, calibration and scheduling of planters, cultivation equipment, spray rigs and general farm machinery
- High level of computer and technological literacy
How will you be rewarded?
You will be rewarded for your contributions to the business with an attractive salary (proportionate to your experience and skill set), 9.5% superannuation and outstanding professional development opportunities.
If you would like more information on this role or have any other questions, please make contact with Josh for a confidential conversation.
0416 142 130