We are currently looking to fill a number of General Medicine Registrar Roles across multiple hospital locations in Victoria, Queensland and SA
- Multiple roles available
- Great locations
- Training roles available
General Medicine Registrar
We are currently looking to fill a number of General Medicine Registrar Roles across multiple hospital locations in Victoria, Queensland and South Australia.
General Medicine Registrars are experienced medical practitioners who work within a multidisciplinary team. Performance is supervised by full time specialists to ensure they are entrusted with responsibilities commensurate with their capabilities and in accordance with delegated clinical privileges that vary from hospital to hospital nationwide. As a Registrar you will review the general medical needs of the patients and provide appropriate care and services to secure optimum health outcomes. You will also be required to play a vital role in teaching and supporting junior doctors working on the ward.
Responsibilities/Skills for General Medicine Registrar
• The Medical Registrar will attend General Medicine Clinics, where they will review the patients and discuss their findings and management plans with the senior consultant.
• Provide competent and efficient clinical management of patients under the supervision and direction of Consultant Physicians. Clinical duties will include assessment and management of acute presentations, inpatient care, diagnosis and management of patients in outpatient clinics, consultations and attending and actively participating in clinical handover.
• Participate in the general medical registrar rosters, including evening, overnight, weekend shifts and on-call commitments as required and according to changing organisational needs
• You are required to call for assistance promptly when required, with the ability to follow directions and instructions.
• To write comprehensive clinical notes. Entries should be legible, timely, regular and comprehensive so as to document important changes or decisions.
• To provide adequate communication with those involved in the care of the patient, including an empathetic patient bedside manner.
• Competent, concise and safe handover technique, ensuring at the end of each shift that all patients for whom you are responsible have been allocated to another doctor.
Note: Some posts are Basic Physician trainee roles or Advanced trainee roles with RACP.
Essential Criteria for General Medicine Registrar
• AHPRA General/provisional/limited registration, or eligible via competent authority pathway.(UK,IRELAND,CANADA,USA)
• Experience at the Registrar level in medicine is highly desirable (2 years is ideal)
• MBBS or equivalent
Salary: 100-180k + depending on experience
About Us: UExcel Medical Recruitment are a boutique agency that focuses solely on permanent recruitment for doctors Australia wide. We specialise in placing permanent/full time medical, psychiatry and emergency roles with access to hundreds of vacancies nationwide.
Apply today or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.