We are currently seeking a QLD Regional Manager to oversee our Branch Network from Caloundra to the Gold Coast in a full-time permanent capacity.
- Newly created role
- Open location - must be willing to travel
- Full-time permanent position
About Neumann Steel
About the role
You would be working for one of the most reputable companies in the steel reinforcing business, Neumann Steel. As specialists in the manufacturing and distribution of reinforcing steel and plastic bar chair products for the Queensland and NSW markets, we provide many career opportunities across our branches. Our distribution network strives to deliver our products in a timely and efficient manner, while providing exceptional service to our customers and suppliers. Our highly integrated supply chain is supported by our experienced staff and a wealth of industry knowledge.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager, this newly created position as QLD Regional Manager will see you coordinating and negotiating all activity to and from the Branches. It will also see you reviewing the overall results whilst understanding individual branch needs. This position is a full-time opportunity with regular travel required across the network.
- Regularly contribute to customer service values and promises and initiate business improvement actions towards achieving the desired status of the Concrete Reinforcing supplier of choice to our targeted markets.
- Nurture and develop strong business relationships with internal customers, external customers, distributors and community stakeholders where relevant.
- Regularly discuss development with management to identify training/development needs and positively participate in proposed programs.
- Participate in weekly team briefings with team members focusing on communication, health and safety, customer service requirements and working as a team to produce solutions.
- Implement/modify processes to Lean Manufacturing standards to increase the working capacity of the Branch Network.
- Ensure sound warehouse and Distribution processes are developed in each branch.
- Review all Point-Of-Sales areas to provide a positive retail experience.
- Represent and/or contribute to any requests to enable the company to negotiate with customers, suppliers and Industry Associations according to Company Policies and values.
- Coordinates/negotiates all Residential contractor agreements/rates (OHS compliance, PPE standards, invoicing rates, driver competency, customer service standards)
- Coordinates delivery photos for all Residential Branches and ensure proof of delivery is available and standardised filing system implemented and maintained.
- Negotiate pricing for outer region deliveries by subcontractors.
- Key Residential Network contact for bulk reseller deliveries
- Maintain up to date DIFOT stats for Residential Network and identify areas for improvement.
- Onsite support to Sales Reps for any customer complaints or incidents
- Ensure bulk freight from Currumbin matches forecast output and available loading time.
- Ensures all staff are trained in Network admin procedures.
- Roll out Currumbin Transport procedure to network linking systems for BBS orders.
- Seek opportunities to improve safety performance and remain informed on best practice methods and legislative standards.
- Comply with all HR, Safety and Compliance procedures and policies.
- Undertake other duties and/or projects as required.
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner
- Highly effective and can operate completely autonomously
- Proven history of activities that achieve individual, team and business objectives and customer satisfaction
- Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing desirable
- Process orientated
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain systems
- Someone who challenges the status quo
- Able to contribute to team objectives and motivation
- Experience in a similar role would be highly regarded
With our commitment to achieving a diverse workforce, we strongly encourage applications from Female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. If you believe you meet the above criteria and are interested in working for a reputable organisation, please apply now!