We are looking for a remarkable, truly great Assistant Executive Housekeeper to assist in leading our team in a new hotel opening!
- You love leading teams and getting your hands dirty too!
- Your attention to detail is second to none!
- Jaw dropping time management and organisational skills!
Make it Happen. Make it Great.
Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Brand new hotel opening - assist in leading the pre-opening team!
Bailey, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel
Bailey is modern, innovative and has a true appreciation for all the arts. Bailey chooses the path less travelled. The type of character you’ll find at the local farmer’s market rather than a supermarket or exploring the latest exhibition at the museum rather than at a rock concert. Bailey loves originality, individuality and attention to detail.
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper and the General Manager, you will be joining a new hotel pre-opening team building the Housekeeping team and systems from the ground up.
Your responsibilities include:
- Assist in the design and implementation of effective systems for Housekeeping including standard operational procedures, daily checklists, hotel standards, product specifications, supplier relationships
- Assist in creating and implementing systems for team output productivity and design reward and recognition programs to recognise achievements
- Drive Rooms and Public Areas guest satisfaction across all outlets empowering our collaborators to provide service beyond customers' expectations
- Foster a culture of innovation and breaking the norm
- Deliver hands-on leadership across your areas
- Assist in the development of systems for safe equipment and cleaning chemicals use, providing personal protective equipment (PPE) and ensuring material safety data sheets (MDS) are accessible
- Collaborate closely with Front Office and all other areas of the hotel
- Oversee financials for the department, driving revenue generation, cost control and adherence to financial policy/procedure
- Steer recruitment together with the Executive Housekeeper and our HR Teams, ensuring the right person is selected in line with our guiding principles
- Ensure on-job department training is being conducted to meet our high service standard
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with all departments of the hotel
- Coordinate maintenance programs together with Engineering Departments
- Promote the company health and well-being processes and procedures
Your many talents will include:
- 5+ years in a leadership role in housekeeping operations in the hotel/resort industry
- Financial acumen, cost control, analysis and reporting skills
- Strong leadership skills and a natural flair in motivating others
- A passion for developing your team skills in all aspects of onboarding, training, succession planning and for building professional career paths in Housekeeping
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills together with guest service focus
- Your attention to detail is second to none
- Jaw dropping organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure
- Solid understanding of Opera as it relates to Housekeeping operations
- You love leading and getting your hands-dirty too!
- Your friends may describe you as being 'a little OCD' when it comes to cleanliness!
Crystalbrook Collection is Australia's newest portfolio of distinctive, upscale hotels where differences are applauded. Our environment is dynamic and entrepreneurial, and we heartily believe in looking after our people. We're all about creating unique customer experiences, embracing each location. We love innovation, design, sustainability, connectivity… and most importantly, having fun.
What makes Crystalbrook Collection different?
We are Collaborators. Who you are matters as much as what you can do. We look for the twinkle in the eye with each Collaborator and a genuine passion to be great, truly outstanding professionals. Our Collaborators deliver service that is interested, curious, insightful, empathic, stylishly witty and locally aware.
We want you to make it happen, make it great. To assist you, we provide relaxing zones, learning opportunities and an easy to climb ladder – yep if you’re good at what you do, the only way is up.
Our Collaborators are always curious for more.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn for news and recent updates or visit www.crystalbrookcollection.com
Join the Positive Rebellion. Tell us what makes you great.