Lead all aspects of our Restaurant. You will deliver on a high-quality menu and service to match.
- Coordinating daily restuarant management operations
- Delivering superior food & drink service, maximising customer satisfaction
- Lead an exceptional team to make our mark on the Cairns food scene
Make it Happen. Make it Great.
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Paper Crane - Riley
Riley, a Crystalbrook Collection Resort is Cairns’ newest five-star resort, promising a fresh approach to hospitality. Riley is a sophisticated character with a playful outlook on life. Residing in a prime location at the northern end of the iconic Cairns Esplanade, Riley features 311 stylish rooms and suites. Discover engaging, social, vibrant spaces and a passion for innovation – all day, every day. Riley has three unique restaurants and bars, including Rocco, Cairns’ highest rooftop bar. Add to this a lagoon swimming pool spanning over 1,000 square metres with a private manmade beach, Eléme Day Spa and a 24-hour fitness centre and you’re on your way to a truly great stay.
Paper Crane is our 300 seat restaurant on the Esplanade. You will be taken on a quick trip to the bustling streets of Asia. Open for breakfast, and dinner, (all day during first months) the open theatrical kitchen showcases the talent behind the vibrant flavours of Australia and South East Asia.
You will collaborate with our team and guests by:
- Drive guest satisfaction across all outlets empowering our collaborators to provide service beyond customers' expectations
- Foster a culture of innovation and breaking the norm
- Provide hands-on leadership across your outlets
- Collaborate closely with Paper Cranes' Restaurant Manager
- Respond efficiently and accurately to guest concerns
- Assist the Restaurant Manager to maintain the Restaurant's revenue, profitability and quality goals through efficient restaurant operations, productivity, and guest service standards
- Ensure compliance with food safety regulations
- Ensure on-job department training is being conducted to meet our high service standard
- Assist in controlling operational costs, reporting, and identify measures to cut waste
- Appraise collaborator performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Champion our guiding principles and support Crystalbrook College learning and development team sessions
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with all departments of the hotel
Your many talents will include:
- Demonstrated management skills in both front and back of the house.
- Restaurant guru of dining room operations, guest satisfaction, team motivation and balancing seating capacity
Crystalbrook Collection is Australia's newest portfolio of distinctive, upscale hotels where differences are applauded. Our environment is dynamic and entrepreneurial, and we heartily believe in looking after our people. We're all about creating unique customer experiences, embracing each location. We love innovation, design, sustainability, connectivity… and most importantly, having fun.
What makes Crystalbrook Collection different?
We are Collaborators. Who you are matters as much as what you can do. We look for the twinkle in the eye with each Collaborator and a genuine passion to be great, truly outstanding professionals. Our Collaborators deliver service that is confident (not cocky), adaptable, interested, curious, insightful, empathic, stylishly witty and locally aware.
We want you to Make it Happen. Make it Great. To assist you, we provide relaxing zones, learning opportunities and an easy to climb ladder – yep if you’re good at what you do, the only way is up (who else has a luxury lodge, a Yacht and a marina, along with 2 more siblings, Bailey & Flynn, opening in the CBD). Of course, we will pay you for what you work, with some additional benefits and give you and your family a discount to stay, dine and play with us.
Join the Positive Rebellion. Tell us what makes you great.
Our Collaborators are always curious for more.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn for news and recent updates or visit www.crystalbrookcollection.com