We're looking for a strong and experienced Head Teacher to join our centre, working alongside our wonderful and supportive team!
- Wonderful leadership opportunity on offer!
- Fabulous community connections
- Endless career development opportunities
BestStart Paraparaumu is conveniently located near the local beach, shops with two primary schools close by. We hold a licence for 75 tamariki with well resourced learning spaces across three different areas . The vision across our centre is passion for learning, passion for life.
We have an opening for an experienced Head Teacher to join the kauri classroom (3.5 - 5 year olds). We are looking for someone that has a huge passion for mentoring, growing and inspiring their team and working collaboratively with parents/whanau and the community and someone who is able to think outside the box.
You will be fully supported by the Centre Manager and the wider team. As a Head Teacher, you will be responsible for supporting the Centre Manager in the day to day operating of the classroom which includes leading the team, ensuring systems are followed, building relationships with the families and community and ensuring that a high standard of quality education and care for all tamariki.
You will role model excellent leadership qualities and motivate others to do the same, the successful applicant will need:
- B Ed/Dip Teaching Level 7 (ECE) and current teacher registration/certification
- Proven success working in a management or leadership position
- Ability to promote the Centre to the local community
- Previous leadership experience
- Thorough understanding of quality assessment
- Experience in leading and participating in internal review
- Strong knowledge around assessment and planning
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues
You will be well supported by our inspiring team of Regional Support staff with ongoing training and development opportunities within the region. Your efforts will be rewarded through a competitive salary, free healthcare insurance, childcare discounts and career advancement opportunities.
If you are interested or would like to find out some more information about this role, please contact Harriett Lawrence on 027 568 3543