Child Development Institute are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist with Paediatric experience to join their Northmead team
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children living with Autism?
- Full time or 4-day Part Time position to commence January 2021
- Salary range $85,000 - $92,000 pa (+ superannuation) depending on experience and skill development
- Receive on-going Professional Development in the leading evidence based Early Intervention model, the Early Start Denver Model
Child Development Institute are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist with Paediatric experience to join their multi-disciplinary Autism specific early intervention team in Northmead.
The Child Development Institute is an AUTISM SPECIFIC early intervention centre for children aged 2 – 5 years. They deliver the Early Start Denver Model, an evidence-based intervention specifically developed for young children with autism. It is recognised worldwide, as the number one intervention for young children with autism and has many research studies and clinical trials to prove its effectiveness.
About the Role:
In this role, you will act as a Key Worker, managing a caseload of children for whom you will set programs, implement therapy, and monitor progress throughout each term.
You will work within a multi-disciplinary team with Speech Pathologists, other OTs, Social Workers, Psychologists and Early Childhood Teachers. This role includes professional training to become an Early Start Denver Model therapist, a generalist model of intervention. Your time will be spent delivering therapy in our Inclusion Readiness group program most mornings, and in the afternoons, you will deliver 1:1 clinic sessions or other programs that we offer such as our Parent Coaching Playgroup and Start Strong transition to school program.
Each week you will have time allocated to maintain programs for the children on your caseload and receive weekly mentoring sessions with a Certified ESDM Therapist to continuously build your skills in this area.
Our purpose-built centre is designed and fully resourced with the best equipment to deliver the Early Start Denver Model Intervention.
Allied Health Therapists will work under the Key Worker model and will:
- Deliver ESDM curriculum assessments
- Develop individualised treatment programs based on ESDM objectives covering all developmental domains
- Deliver ESDM therapy in both 1:1 clinics and in group therapy sessions (at a ratio of 2 children to each therapist).
- Work with other Key Workers on cases requiring specific Occupational Therapy consultation
- Use your skills and knowledge as an Occupational Therapist, to consider the whole child and family priorities, calling on team members from other disciplines as needed.
- Manage documentation of your case load (3-5 children), program maintenance and family communication
- You have a Bachelor or Master qualification in Occupational Therapy and be AHPRA registered
- You have at least 3 years’ experience working as an OT in the Early Intervention/Paediatric area, ideally working with children with Autism
- You are passionate to work with children with additional support needs, specifically autism
- You are willing to work within the framework of the ESDM. This includes working under clinical supervision, receiving guided practice, and being able to self-evaluate throughout on-going practice
- You possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- You are an enthusiastic team-player looking to join a co-operative team
- You are committed to delivering only the highest quality early intervention and care
- Hold a current first aid certificate, including Asthma, Anaphylaxis and CPR certification or be willing to obtain this
- You can demonstrate the ability to work within a cohesive multi-disciplinary team within the framework of the ESDM
- You can demonstrate commitment to customer service and an ability to develop warm and respectful relationships with families and children
- A highly competitive remuneration package based on skills and experience
- A positive contribution to society and rewarding social impact
- Structured training to upskill in the area of early intervention
- Allocated weekly non-face to face administration time
- Access to Employee Assistance Program, a confidential counselling and support program
- Regular shut down periods to support work life balance
- Flexible hours for the right candidate
- Welcoming and family-oriented team environment
This is a great opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to broaden their skills, be trained in the ESDM and work within an innovative and growing organisation.
If this is what you’re looking for, please reach out to us by clicking APPLY today!