WOW Recruitment are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a software development team in a start-up software company starting, ASAP.
- Stock options and career growth on offer!
- Contribute to an organisation making a positive environmental impact!
- Social team environment, relaxed work attire and flexible work hours!
WOW Recruitment are looking for an Engineering Manager to join a start-up software company building community-powered solar solutions through a two-sided solar marketplace, a customised software, a purpose-built CRM, and an app for both customers and installers.
About the role:
Reporting to the CEO and as a part of the leadership team, you will be responsible for leading the software development department; you will provide both a strategic and a technical role inside the business to help build great products.
- Manage engineering projects end-to-end
- Oversee front-end and back-end development team (both on and off shore)
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Design strategies for future projects with inline with company objectives
- Stay abreast future technological trends and implement innovative technologies
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Responsible for the recruitment and development of current and new team members
- Experience as an Engineering Manager / Software Development Manager or in a similar senior-level position
- Experience with the tech stack (below)
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field (desirable)
- Cloud server deployment and maintenance, familiar with VM/Storage/Database products on AWS
- Familiar with Docker deployment and maintenance
- Experience with NodeJS, Nginx-proxy, Redis, Harbinger
- Familiar with SQL & MongoDB
- Understanding of E-commerceA/B testing infrastructure setup for multiple parallel concurrent tests and reporting
- Familiar with Java and React
- Knowledge of Kafka and Cassandra
- Familiarity with mobile apps
- Stock options on offer
- Contribute to an organisation making a positive environmental impact by providing a solution to make energy clean, affordable, and fair
- Social team environment, relaxed work attire and flexible work hours